We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide to us which includes:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our Customer Service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, account settings, set preferences in Your Account, information about our content and services you’ve ordered or enquired about; or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically:
We collect information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service. This information includes:
- your activity on the WUW stream service, such as frequency of visits to the site and watch history;
- details of your interactions with Customer Service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number and call recordings;
- device IDs or other unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, diagnostic information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address (which may tell us your general location), browser and standard web server log information;
- Information from other sources: We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, such as demographic data, including from both online and offline data providers.
We use information to administer and enhance our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, orders and payments, and to communicate with you. For example, we may use information to:
- determine your general geographic location, determine your Internet service provider, and help us quickly and efficiently respond to your enquiries and requests;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service and optimize content selection;
- communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about Eclipse and WUW stream, details about new features and content available on WUW stream, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
We disclose or use your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information, however we do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Promotional offers or market research: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of incentives, we may share your name and other information. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- Regulatory requirements: We may transfer information to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements; to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party; in the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes; and for requests from the courts and enforcement authorities.
Unless you’ve asked us not to, we may disclose or use your information as described below:
- To send you periodic newsletters and other information about content, products and services you have chosen or are entitled to receive.
- To send you direct marketing, such as events and special offers, including where applicable, for a reasonable time after you have ceased to be a customer of ours.
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
- While using the WUW stream service you may have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly; such information could be used by third parties;
We retain your information in accordance with what information we need to best provide you with products, goods and services, manage your relationship with us and meet our statutory obligations.
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account, we use technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the WUW stream service. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box “Remember me on this device” when you log in to the website.
To remove access to your WUW stream account from your device: (a) visit “Your Account”, choose “Sign out,” and follow the instructions to deactivate your device (note, deactivation may not occur immediately) or (b) delete your WUW stream settings from your device (steps vary by device and the option is not available on all devices).
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, simply access the email settings page in the “Your Account” section of our website and uncheck those items to unsubscribe. Alternatively, click the “unsubscribe” link in the email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain email correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
You can request access to your personal information, or correct or update out-of-date or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
You can most easily do this by visiting the “Your Account” portion of our website, where you have the ability to access and update information about your account, including your contact and payment information. You must be signed in to access “Your Account.”
You may also request that we delete personal information that we hold about you. To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security; accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the WUW stream service. In certain jurisdictions, the age of majority may be older than 18, in which case, you must satisfy that age in order to become a member.